Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Going along to get along SUCKS

When we arrive at cheer practice, all the girls warm up together so you have really little girls warming up with the biggest 13 year olds I've ever seen. I don't really dig it because the big girls are, well, big girls.

Tonight we got there and they had their radio on, right there with their moms, and they were playing the nastiest, dirtiest rap music and I'm like HELLO? Little kids are sitting right here listening to this shit. And their moms are totally oblivious. Or maybe they're not and they just don't want to be uncool and tell their daughters it's not appropriate for the little ones (OR the big girls).

Honestly, I can relate to that because I sure as hell didn't say anything. But my daughter was already away from the bleachers with her squad so I felt less inclined to take any action. But would I anyway? I don't want to embarrass my daughter by calling out a big girl or another mom but WTF? Who just lets their 13 year old listen to that garbage? You can bet your ass if MY daughter turned that shit on, I'd be like NUH UH.

It really is like junior high all over again—I don't know any of these women and I don't want to start off on a bad note so I just sat there and did/said nothing. Who didn't feel like that a hundred times a week when they were kids? I hate it. It's not who I am to just put up with things I think are wrong and yet I don't feel comfortable speaking up about it. It's the worst feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment