Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Where a Cheer Mom Comes to Bitch

I'm not just a cheer mom. I'm also a scout mom and a homeroom mom and PTA mom and honestly, I can't stand it most of the time. If you thought any of these venues were free of the same bullshit politics you had to deal with in junior high, you'd be wrong, It's the same games with the same players, just in a different venue. What makes it worse is that now your kids are involved so telling some of these people to go fuck themselves is not even an option, which, for me, is frustrating on every conceivable level.

So, you ask, why do I do these things? That's a good question. I guess because I wanted to be an involved mom who knows what's going on in their kids lives. My mom, bless her heart, was clueless. We always missed everything and I was always three steps behind everyone else. I don't want to be like that and I don't want my kids to have to deal with that.

(Some of the names and details of our lives and real situations have been changed to protect the innocent but everything I write here is based in truth.)

No comments:

Post a Comment